Sunday, May 10, 2009

Date Night!


So I think this is my last post for the day. I had some catching up to do.  Last week I watched a friend's little boy and ended up having to pick his sister up from school while my friend was with her husband during his knee surgery.  Anyway, she rewarded me/us with a gift card to Outback!  So John and I and another couple went out for dinner sans the kids.  We stopped for ice cream and a stroll through a nice shopping area.  Apparently it was prom night and at the pretty water fountain all the couples were getting their pictures taken.  Oh to be THAT young again.  But I cannot believe all the things that happen for prom nowadays.  I sound old, I know.  But we saw some of the parents we recognized from church and they said after this picture time, they were all off to the actual prom.  The parents all follow to that as there is also a red carpet where all the couples are announced and more pictures.  Plus this big party had a huge suburban limo.  I mean I know some kids did limos, but what happen to getting a nice dinner and then just going to the dance?   Now there are red carpet's and all the glam?  What the heck is it going to be like for my kids in 12-14 years?  Geez.
Anyway, the four of us had a really great time hanging out together before John leaves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A red carpet?! Yikes.

You look great, BTW. Baby L is treating you well:)

anne

Shea said...

Awe, I'm glad you guys got to go out! Your little tummy is adorable!!! :)