Saturday, June 13, 2009

Flower Arranging

Apparently the base library holds free classes for different things throughout the year. A friend called last night and invited me to what I thought was a gardening class...at least that is how it was described to me. I arrived to find it a flower arranging class. I kind of groaned at first because I would much prefer to dig in the dirt than play with cut flowers. Much to my surprise, it was a lot of fun and educational! Here is my beautiful bouquet:



What did I learn, you ask? Always start with the greenery and then add your flowers. If you receive a bouquet of roses or any flower for that matter, you aren't suppose to use all of the little packet that comes with it. Use only a third to a half. You should change the water 3 times in 2 weeks and if you have roses they should last that long. And always trim the stems at each water change.

No comments: