Sunday, August 16, 2009

Grandma

Grandma Harriet went to be with the Lord today. She was such a wonderful lady and I looked up to her in so many ways! Here are some of my favorite memories with her:

Visiting the John Ball Zoo and having a picnic before we entered the zoo
Baking cookies
Making caramel corn (my absolute favorite snack)
Sleep overs when my sister and I were little
Pigs in a blanket
The pool table
Brushing each other's hair
Living with her for 3 months before I got married
Back rubs and arm scratches
Playing dress up with her many, many shoes and costume jewelry
Unbaked blueberry pie

Grandma, you will be greatly missed!!!!

3 comments:

boxcatav said...

What wonderful memories! I forgot about when you lived with her. I do remember the arm scratches!

She liked hot dogs?!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute to a dear woman. :) Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Wonderful posting El. What a tribute! I'm so glad that you have such sweet memories of Gran. I know that I do too.
Mom