Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sweet Zachary!

Zachary James arrived on Wednesday, September 16 at 9:29am. He was 20in long and 9lb 13oz. It was a super speedy quick delivery! My contractions started at 5am. At 6:30 I informed John he should think about getting ready to go to the hospital. He walked the kids over to the neighbor's house around 7:30 and we arrived at the birthing center at 8:30. When we arrived and I got settled in, I was already 8cm dilated. At 9:15 my water broke and it was rush rush from there! The nurses rushed in, the doctor wasn't there yet and I was ready to go! There was no time for an IV or epidural(which I didn't want anyway). The little, I mean big guy came out face up which created a nice bruise on his forehead. Poor buddy! He is a very content baby and sleeps like a champion!

7 comments:

boxcatav said...

Welcome, Zachary!

MandySue said...

Wow, I can't believe it went so quick from start to finish....awesome job momma! He looks like such a man ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Langworthy family. Zachary is adorable -- finally a baby we know who weighed in at more than Christopher by one ounce. Good job. You know they say subsequent babies get bigger....next one might be over 10 lbs.! Glad all is well. The Brolick's

Hannah said...

Awe...congrats!! He's gorgeous!!!

Kristin said...

What a chunker cheek!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ellen!! What an awesome addition to your family.

Cyndy said...

YAY! I love the story! That is always the dream for my deliveries, so happy you got it! Welcome home Zachary! Rest and enjoy mommy!