Sunday, February 07, 2010

Growing

So it hit me this morning like a ton of bricks...the kids are growing up. For some reason I am having a hard time with Maddie. Not in a bad way, just watching her be so independent and not need me at such an early age is just plain hard. JJ on the other hand would still let me dress him if I wanted. Maddie picks out her own clothes most days, dresses herself, and usually goes to the bathroom with no help needed. She does everything "all by myself." If only you could hear how cute she sounds when she says that.
While we were in the car yesterday John and I were discussing JJ and school in the fall. These next six months will be the last we have of him home all day. I can already see it in him. He is anxious to get out of the house everyday - doesn't want to be home, ever. He is just ready to be going to school and learning. I can't explain the feeling, he is just there, ready to go.
And Zach, he'll be 5 months next week. He LOVES to eat his cereal and veggies. I am so glad he likes baby food because the other two refused it, but that just means he is growing up too! And this morning he had a real poo, not a breast fed poo. It was a food poo.
Do you hear me children? You are NOT allowed to grow anymore! Not one inch!

No comments: