Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Kirby Guy

So the Kirby guy showed up at our house yesterday at 1pm. He told me they were doing a special Scotch guard treatment on the living room carpet to show us how the carpet cleaner works. WELL, 3 hours or more later they finally left after we repeatedly told them we can't afford a $1900 vaccuum!!!!! But, I did get my couch, bed and floor vaccuumed and some of the brand new carpet shampood (b/c that makes a lot of sense). Please whatever you do, DO NOT let them in your house if you think you want to get anything done that day, otherwise feel free to waste 3 hours of your day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny....we had the same thing happen when we bought a house...only he actually got the stain out of the living room carpet that the rug doctor couldn't...my hubby was impressed...we now own a kirby. I really like it...but really it is too expensive! -cyndy

MandySue said...

haha Melissa bought one too! My mom had one when we were growing up. I just can't fathom spending that much on a vacuum. I figure I could buy 20 regular vacuums over the rest of my life and still come out ahead.