Friday, October 06, 2006

Bummer Bunco

So Wednesday I decided to venture out and try the spouse's club bunco night. I was being a bit daring, not knowing anyone when I went. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal. Well, was I wrong!! The girls weren't necessarily rude, just NOT friendly. I couldn't believe it. No one even attempted to talk to me except for small talk. There were 14 girls there and not one acted remotely interested that I was there. The group president, whom I met last week, didn't even say a single word to me the two hours I was there. Isn't that her job? To make newbies feel welcome? I tried really hard to not have stereotypes of these women. BUT, they completely proved me right. So needless to say I am sticking to my wonderful Bible study girls who like me just they way I am!

4 comments:

MandySue said...

We miss you back here in GF!!!! We would never shun a newbie! Sorry that happened, yuck.

Bev said...

Aww Ellen! What evil ladies! Atleast you know someonelse you can "stick" to!

BoxcatAV said...

I'm sorry to hear that happened! It's too bad you put yourself "out there" and got treated this way. I'm proud of you for trying and even prouder for realizing you're great and they don't know what they are missing! (They clearly don't know what kind of friendship can develop from meeting you just once -- remember how we meet? We tried to go swimming at Country Place and Darlene had the pool closed:(

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had a bad experience with "them".

We're playing Bunco tonight here. I think I'll yell "Ellen" instead of "Bunco"! LOL

We miss you!

Susan "E" :)