Friday, October 20, 2006

Some Ranting

So the other night I layed in bed thinking about why on earth our curbside recycling program works the way it does. I had to scour the internet to even find this service(which I thought was ridiculous), and then I get this little green box that they pick up once a week. The catch is they don't recycle cardboard! They take glass, plastic, cans and newspaper, but no cardboard! Do you know how many cereal boxes we go through in a week? So John has been taking all of our cardboard to the base recycling program only to learn this week that they only accept corrugated cardboard. No cereal boxes, tissue boxes, or any other kind of box made out of that type of material. I like to think I am doing my part in the world by recycling. But, I can't do it, if the city government doesn't get their act together. The funny part about this whole trash/recycling pickup is that they actually come through and pick up our trash twice a week! I had never heard of that before. Why spend so much money on trash pickup when they could spend a little more on the recycling program. I guess I will do some more investigation....
PS. At least I don't have weirdo neighbors taking my empty cans out of my recycling bin when I put it on the curb :)

No comments: