Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pregnancy Update

I had a routine check-up today. The baby sounds great and I feel great. BUT, I failed the routine blood glucose test. It may mean nothing, but I do have to go in at my next appointment on Feb. 1st for a three hour test. I have to fast from midnight on up until my test is completed the next day at 11am. They test your blood every hour for those three hours I do believe. So I will bring a good book (maybe Anne has a suggestion or two for me!) and have a few hours to myself while a wonderful friend watches JJ for me!
Hopefully today was a fluke and I don't have gestational diabetes. But the thought of not eating or drinking for that long doesn't thrill me either. Thankfully this isn't anything too serious. I just may have to be a little more health conscience!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the same type of test I ended up taking to find out I am hypoglycemic. I just have to eat small more frequent meals. I get quesy if I haven't eaten in a while. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Cyndy said...

Hope everything works out well for you. I had to take the same test and the lab ended up broken down...it took 2 days and 2 different clinics to finally get it done. And I had CJ with me...I hope yours goes better, and enjoy that book! Mine came back fine, I hope yours does too. Glad to hear you are feeling well.

Bev said...

I'll be praying that it's nothing and the worst of it is waiting to eat for a few hours- I hate doing that anytime, pregnant or not! :) Give that belly a pat for me.
-Bev

MandySue said...

Yikes, I hope that everything turns out okay for you. I am praying that the tests come back with good results as in cyndy's case. Let us know how it goes.

BoxcatAV said...

You and baby L are in my prayers.

You can send JJ to Michigan. I'll watch him for a few hours. Do you think he would travel well?

I am SO far behind on my reading. It's embarrasing! I want to read this weekend. Hopefully I will get to do so.