Monday, April 21, 2008

My Latest Yum!



I found this wonderful recipe in the February and March issue of Taste of Home magazine. I have made it twice and if my husband had it his way I would be making it more often, but I get sick of the same foods, FAST.

The recipe is doubled in my picture cuz it is sooo tasty!




Meatless Mexican Lasagna
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic, undrained
1 can chopped green chiles
3 green onions, sliced
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp cumin
4 corn tortillas (I use more)
1.5 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
6 Tbsp plain yogart (I skip this and use sour cream instead)

In a bowl, combine the first seven ingrediants. Place 2 tortillas in an 11X7 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread half the corn mixture; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 15-20min. Let stand 5 min. Garnish each serving with yogart(or sour cream)

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

THANKS for sharing!! I will put this on the top of, must try list! Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Yum. John eats it without meat?

anne