Saturday, August 16, 2008

KC-135 Spouse Incentive Flight


John's squadron hosted a spouse incentive flight this morning. We had a great time! A couple of people got sick, but I felt fine. So many people wanted to sit in the jumpseat behind the pilots for takeoff that we had to pick a number between 1-20 and I picked the winning number, 17! Meredith and I were the first girls to sit in the boom pod because her husband was the pilot on John's plane. It was pretty cool watching the plane getting gas and us receiving gas.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Looks like fun. I did that when I was pregnant with Kamdyn. It was a lot of fun! I think you had to work or something silly like that.

BoxcatAV said...

WOW. How cool. I always wondered if they ever let you in their planes.

BoxcatAV said...

Does John fly the planes or fix em'?

Anonymous said...

What an awesome opportunity! Neat pictures as well. But I have to ask.....did you ever learn the following 'helpful hint'??
'I before E except after C or when sounded like A as in Neighbor and Weigh.' Therefore....
Receive.
One of my lifelong pet peeves. I probably should have been a teacher. Take care. Cathy

Ellen said...

Haha! Yes, I know that tool. But apparently my fingers got the best of me and I didn't proof read. The kids were probably pulling at me to get off the computer!

I did have the opportunity to do this in ND, but of course I was working.

John does neither fly the plane nor fix it! He is the navigator, which means he has to plan out the route before they get on the plane and then once on the plane he communicates with the towers to get the plane where it needs to go. :)