Saturday, February 07, 2009

What is Our World Coming Too???

Our mall finally got a semi decent play area to take the kids when we don't want to be outside. We visited this play area yesterday and had a good time. A mother sitting not very near us proceeded to put her little girl's hair back into a pony tail. I thought, no big deal. But then she proceeded to put some sort of powder whether it was blush or just powder I have no idea. But the girl was maybe 4, maybe. It just drives me crazy to see little girls made out to be more grown up than they really are. Don't they grow up too fast as it is???? It just drives me mad to see things like this. What will this little child grow up thinking. That it's ok to be primped all the time? Seriously, let kids be kids!

2 comments:

MandySue said...

The other day i watched this show...something about toddlers and beauty pagents...totally insane!

I agree with you completely...let them be kids!

BoxcatAV said...

Ugh. I saw a commercial for a show on TLC called Toddler Tiaras or something to that effect. No 4 year old needs to be in a beauty contest.