Sunday, August 27, 2006

Gruene, TX and beyond....

Last night I actually got to get out of the house by myself! It was very relaxing and Gretchen and I had a great evening. We decided to go up Gruene, TX(pronounced green, like the color) for dinner at the Gristmill River Restaurant and Bar. The restaurant use to be a cotton gin on the river. Gretchen had been there before so she thought I might like it. And I did! I had the Fresh Trout! It was delicious. I actually just had leftovers for lunch. The atmosphere was great. It was all open and no a/c so it is probably best to go when it is a bit cooler if you can't stand the heat. The waiter informed us that they can seat 1000 people. WOW! And they have 130 servers on staff. I couldn't believe how big it was.

After dinner we walked down the street to check out the little hometown stores. We got ice cream at a little mom and pop's shop where they had lots of souvenirs. We had to have a little chuckle because our ice cream was melting all over and mine actually fell off the cone. Luckily I caught it before it fell to the concrete!

1 comment:

BoxcatAV said...

If only Codes had been there, he would have licked it up for you!