Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yum!


I recieved my Taste of Home magazine in the mail this past week and found a few recipes that sparked my interest. The first one I made on Friday night. It was called Mushroom Asparagus Quiche submitted by Sharon Fujita. It was one of the best dinners we have had in a long time. Not to mention it was meatless and I have a hard time with meatless dinners!
Here is the recipe:

1 Tube Crescent Rolls (I used the low fat ones)
2 tsp prepared mustard

1.5 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1.5 in pieces

1 med onion, chopped

1/2 c sliced fresh mushrooms

1/4 c butter ( I used just a couple Tablespoons)

2 eggs

2 c shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

1/4 c minced fresh parsley (I omitted this as i didn't have it)

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp garlic powder (I always add extra garlic!)

1/4 tsp each dried basil, oregano, and rubbed sage

Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in pic plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations. Spread with mustard and set dish aside.

In a large skillet, saute asparagus, mushrooms and onions in butter until aspargus in crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingrediants; stir in asparagus mixture. Pour into crust.

Bake at 375 for 25-30 min or until a knife inserted near the edge comes clean. Let stand 5 min before cutting. Yields 6-8 servings (but who are we feeding here? try 4-5 :)

3 comments:

BoxcatAV said...

Yum! (sans the mushrooms!)

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy! :o)

MandySue said...

yum! I still have only tried asparagus that one time at your house. I may need to try this one. It looks pretty nummy! Plus it is meatless which fits right into our style! Thanks for sharing.

ditto-(sans the mushrooms) I am not a fan of fungus