Monday, October 06, 2008

Fall is Here

I know I have not been keeping y'all up to date on the Langworthy bunch. John's been gone just over 3 weeks and I have been running around like crazy this last week. It started with me volunteering to bring food to my church small group Sunday evening. And on Monday I hosted the squadron's spouse's group at my house. That took a lot of cleaning and cooking! I had a couple of days off before I had to get ready for the baby shower I was throwing with a friend of mine for another friend on Saturday. And I also had to make a dessert for a church ladies night on Friday.

Maddie had her 18 month check-up on Friday and is under weight(22lbs and 33.5in tall). But she eats everything insight so I don't think there is much I can do. She just has a high metabolism! Lucky girl.

We had nice weather over the weekend(80's) but now it is in the 60's and rainy. But I was kind of sick of the warm weather and am welcoming the cooler air that is coming in.

John calls about every other day and is doing just fine. He flies about 3-4 times per week and is spending his off time at the gym or studying for his master's class he started a couple of weeks ago.

Me at the Mexican fiesta at church Friday night.

Maddie's cheesy grin :)

Maddie in JJ's old overall's that I girlified...

And this is JJ with bedhead.






Our college age neighbor went to a bible college and had to do an internship ministering to children. She has been teaching JJ bible lessons the last 6 weeks and he is finally finished!

4 comments:

BoxcatAV said...

JJ doesn't look too upset about his bed head! It's his man pride, right?

Ellen said...

Yeah, he woke up pretty chipper that morning. He must have slept really good because he doesn't normally wake up with bed head.

Anonymous said...

I love the cheesy grin & the bed head!! Miss you all bunches!

Shea said...

Awe, I like Maddie's cheesy grin. You're pretty cute in that hat! JJ's cute as usual too. I miss you guys!