Saturday, May 10, 2008

Gardening Time

My front flower beds are turning out to be really nice. I added a flat of flowers this week and can't wait for them to fill in.

<--These are my Hollyhocks in the front under the two windows on the left. They will get nice and tall and have pretty flowers on them. I can already see the buds forming. I had to do some research on the net to figure out what they were.














My neighbor let me dig these up yesterday. She has no clue what they are but they multiple like rabbits so I took a few. I remember being in love with them last fall when we arrived here so I can't wait for them to grow. I did some more research and from pictures that I have seen they are some sort of Cannas Lily. I have no clue what color they will bloom.


<--These are my Dahlia's that I planted a month or so ago.




I also picked up three tomato plants for the backyard. I thought JJ would get a kick out of seeing them grow and produce tomatoes. I decided not to bore you with pictures of them.

5 comments:

MandySue said...

My mom goes crazy for Dahlia's. Her garden at the last house was full of them. Big ones little ones and all sorts of colors. They are really pretty flowers.

We're doing tomatoes, and snap peas

Cyndy said...

We're growing potatoes. Looks like you did a great job. Enjoy your ipod, Eric got one for me for my bday a couple of years ago..it comes in handy for all sorts of things!

BoxcatAV said...

I love dahlias!

Bev said...

How could you show pictures of gardening befor May 15th?!? Don't you understand how cruel that is? LOL

Shea said...

Looks good so far. Make sure to post pics when they are all blooming. :) I can't wait to start planting here!