Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Seriously!?! Why now?

I have been feeling pretty sluggish and have had a sore throat since before John left on May 3rd. I went to the doc a couple of weeks ago and was just given some drugs to help with the drainage causing the sore throat. It was still sore and I felt horrible over the weekend so I gave in and made an appointment this morning. They did a strep culture - negative. They sent me to the lab for blood work. It came back positive for Mono. So now I am not allowed to kiss anyone. Well, at least John is not home for that, right? But of course it is my luck that he is gone now while I am sick and of course it lasts forever! But really, I don't feel completely aweful. Just not completely myself.

3 comments:

MandySue said...

OMGosh I had a dream last night that I had mono. No joke. I hurt my ribs yesterday but didn't know it and was having pain with breathing. So I went to the dr. and they scared me with commenting about a possible tumor or pneumonia. A few chest x-rays later they concluded that I severely bruised the cartilage in my ribs on the left side that is swelling and causing pressure. But seriously how weird is that.

MandySue said...

hey, hope you are feeling okay. I love your family picture. So cute

Anonymous said...

Seriously....do you know what I was thinking you were gonna write? Oh my gosh...thankfully it's "only" mono...and not another "little John-o" bwahahahaaaa