Thursday, January 01, 2009

Bad blogging...I actually wrote this last week...

I just realized I haven't blogged in over a month! What have I/we been doing you ask? Well, of course there was the "family time" after John got home and then it was Thanksgiving. I cooked for 4 adults and 5 kids. It took me 3 days to get it all done! John did the usually Black Friday shopping, on that Saturday we turned in both vehicles for newer ones. Yes, we are crazy. I am driving an '08 Ford Explorer and John is driving an '03 Pontiac Grand Prix. Mind you, this was not my idea.
When I thought I had a few days of down time before packing to drive to Michigan, John decides to take a few extra days of leave to start our trip earlier. But, before we left JJ wasn't feeling so hot so I took him in and he had bronchitis and pneumonia. Luckily, he got better before we left. We finally arrive in Michigan and Maddie starts a fever and feeling crappy so I had to take her into urgent care to find an ear infection. We have never had an ear infection in the house before. The next day JJ gets the runs and more fever for two days. So the first week of MI was shot with illnesses and recuperation time.
We spent the first few days at my dad's, then headed up to John's dad's, and now we are at my mom's. It's the only place I'll have the net on our vacation. We head back to KS on the 29th. I have a camera, not sure if I brought the cord so I can't promise any pictures anytime soon!

No comments: