Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goodbye Codes




On Monday we had to put Cody to sleep forever. His heart failure was just making him miserable -- he was sleeping all day and night except to eat and use the great outdoors. The last straw for me was arriving back at my dad's where Cody was staying and watching him barely walk to the car to greet us. I could tell he was happy to see us, he just couldn't get there as fast as he wanted. I am super sad about it, but I am grateful the kids are young enough that they don't understand. He was such a loving dog. We will definitely miss him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Letting go of an animal is a very hard thing to do, even when you know it is the right decision. They are so much a part of the family. Our cat Penny is 14+ years old and she will have to leave us sooner then I want. I will keep you and Cody in my thoughts. Patti

ItsJustMeHeather said...

Sorry to hear about Cody. I know that is not an easy choice to make. (((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Aww, sorry to hear that, I know it was tough....

BoxcatAV said...

Codes is in heaven with Maize. They are eating and playing morning til' dusk!